Have you ever dreamed of going to the ship? Do you want to live the shipping life? If you are someone who wants to be a sailor, then there are many things that you can do to achieve that goal. There are shipping management services that will provide you with all the help you need to become a sailor. You can do different types of courses that will get you in the kind of job description that you are looking for. Depending upon the time you have or the urgency of going, you can get a list of courses that you can opt for. There is a Diploma in Nautical Science which you can do to get a good position in the way you will be able to achieve your goal.
There are different kinds of courses that you can go for. GP rating is one such course where you only have to do it for the time of six months and then you can get started with the journey of being a merchant navy officer. Since GP rating is just a six-month course, there is a low level from which you will have to start and then give exams and work your way higher to the positions. This can take years but you will become an officer. Whereas, the Diploma in Nautical Science is a one-year course that you can do from which you will be able to achieve a certificate of Competency which will be awarded by the Ministry of Shipping. There will be a common entrance test which you will have to pass and then you will be done with the mandatory procedure of the course.
With the help of Diploma in Nautical Science, you will be able to learn a lot of basics of the shipping industry. This nautical knowledge is required for you to get both theoretical and practical understanding of how it works. This will help you in attaining a good knowledge with which you will be able to receive a better position and would not have to start from the base.
There are many shipping management service companies that will help you get through the entire process without you having to go through the hassles.
If you reach out to the best shipping management companies, here is what you can get from it:
- No waiting period: When you are awaiting your training, the shipping company understands the urgency and requirement that comes with it. There is a need for the on-board training that is provided to you without any waiting period so that you can get done with it as soon as possible. The shipping company understands the seafarer’s responsibilities which they need to adhere to and this is why they tend to complete the course as soon as possible.
- Facility: After the on-board training is complete, the sailor is ready to live the shipping life. There are many issues with the food and other related aspects in other management companies but if you have the best shipping management company with you then you will have only the best quality food and accommodation which is the biggest concerns. There is also a good and well-discussed standard salary which is great. The crew you get is multinational so you end up making a lot of friends and the shipping vessels are managed by only the best trading medium companies.
- Premium institute: When you have the best shipping company with you, there are great chances of you ending up only with the premium maritime institutes that will help you get an excellent start to the career. With the help of the Diploma in Nautical Science course, you will be able to achieve all the needs and get a good package and position with the food and accommodation services. When you get all these facilities then why go for anything else at all?
All you will have to do is reach out to the shipping management services companies and get all the information on how to get started with the journey of becoming a merchant navy officer. The shipping management services and sponsorship company will make you an experience candidate suitable to get your journey kick started.
For the Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) course, you will be needing an eligibility criterion that will help you in making it easier to achieve your goal. Here is what you need to be eligible:
- Academic qualifications: You will be needing a degree in either B.E. or B. Tech which will be necessary. You need to pass all your grades with at least 55% and there is a requirement of 50% in English.
- Age limit: If you are a fresher and want to start the course then the age limit is below 25 years for the commencement.
- Passport: You will be needing a passport as mandatory during the time of commencement of the course.
- Medical qualifications: You need to be physically fit for the sea and be able to survive in the harsh sea climates. There needs to be a perfect vision in each eye. There has to be no colour blindness. Everything is examined before you the commencement.
The Government of India has approved of the institutes that teach the DNS course and you will need to do your research well to which one is approved and is well known among the others. This is important as it will reflect the kind of accommodation and package you end up getting in the future.
The DNS course will provide you with a lot of opportunities that will help you in getting into the higher positions. You will have to go through a few processes of entrance examination that is necessary for you to get the eligibility to ahead with the positions. At the end you will the Master or Captain of the ship and that is your goal.
The shipping management and sponsorship company provides you with the best DNS courses and opportunities that you can go for. Do your research well and get the best maritime institute for your shipping career.