Those who live in the UAE know that driving is an essential part of everyday life. In a country famous for its well-established infrastructure and strict driving rules, having a valid driving licence is crucial. For that, you must learn about the process of Dubai driving licence renewal. Here’s our step by step guide on how to renew your licence.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR DUBAI DRIVING LICENCE?
Before discussing the renewal process, it’s important to be aware of the eligibility criteria to get a driving licence in Dubai. According to RTA guidelines, residents aged 21 years and above are eligible for a driving licence in Dubai.
Residents younger than 21 years can apply for a probationary driving licence. You can apply for a driving test, six months after you get the first-time learner’s permit.
If your driving license is about to expire, you can easily renew it by calling the car licence renewal dubai. The process is detailed below:
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
These documents are required for driving licence renewal in Dubai:
- Original and valid Emirates ID for applicants older than 21 years old
- Eye testing according to the RTA guidelines is mandatory for applicants older than 21 years old
- Original and valid Emirates ID for applicants younger than 21 years old
WHAT ARE THE SERVICE CHARGES FOR DUBAI DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL?
The Dubai driving licence renewal fees vary. Applicants older than 21 years are required to pay Dubai driving license renewal fee of AED 300. Other charges include AED 20 for Knowledge and Innovation fees. Customers younger than 21 years old have to pay AED 100 for licence renewal along with AED 20 Knowledge and Innovation fees.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR DELAY IN DUBAI DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL?
Any delay in renewing Dubai driving licence for less than 10 years is AED 10 per month. The maximum fine as a result of renewal delay can reach up to AED 500. In case of the driving licence expiration for more than 10 years the applicant is only allowed to renew the licence after successfully passing the mandatory road test.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR DRIVER’S LICENCE RENEWAL IN DUBAI?
RTA has introduced multiple ways to renew the driving licence in Dubai online. Here are the various channels that you can rely on.
RTA DUBAI OFFICIAL WEBSITE
The RTA official website offers a comprehensive and easy to use tool for online Dubai licence renewal. Whether you wish to apply for a new licence or renew a previous one just follow these steps:
- The applicant has to undergo a mandatory eye test at one of the eye test centres
- Go to the RTA official website and browse through The Driver and Car Owner Services tab
- Click on the Driving Licence Services tab to access various services related to Dubai driving licence renewal
- Upload all the required documents
- Pay all the necessary fees or fines if applicable
- You will get a temporary driver’s licence that you can print for use until the original licence is ready
- The temporary licence is valid for 5 to 15 working days
- Receive your driver’s licence from Happiness Centres at Al Barsha or Deira
- You can also get your new licence delivered by paying AED 25 in additional shipping charges