moong dal halwa ready to eat is a popular Indian dessert known for its rich, creamy texture and indulgent flavor. Traditionally, making this delectable sweet treat requires hours of cooking and stirring. However, with the advent of the Instant Pot, preparing Moong Dal Halwa has become quicker and easier than ever before. In this article, we present an Instant Pot moong dal halwa ready to eat recipe that allows you to enjoy this delightful dessert in a fraction of the time.
- 1 cup moong dal (split yellow lentils)
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A handful of chopped nuts (such as almonds, cashews, and pistachios) for garnish
- Rinse the moong dal under running water until the water runs clear. Soak the dal in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Sauté mode and add ghee to the inner pot. Allow the ghee to melt and heat up.
- Add the soaked and drained moong dal to the Instant Pot. Sauté for a few minutes until the dal turns golden brown and releases a nutty aroma.
- Cancel the Sauté mode and add sugar to the Instant Pot. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add milk and cardamom powder to the pot. Stir everything together to combine.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure release valve to the sealing position. Select the Pressure Cook (or Manual) mode and set the timer for 6 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, carefully release any remaining pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the venting position.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and give the halwa a good stir. The dal will have absorbed the milk and turned into a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté mode again and cook the halwa for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent sticking. This step helps to evaporate any excess moisture and enhance the flavors.
- Once the halwa thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pot, it is ready. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Garnish the Moong Dal Halwa with chopped nuts and serve warm or at room temperature.
With the Instant Pot, you can now enjoy the rich and indulgent flavors of moong dal halwa ready to eat without spending hours in the kitchen. This quick and easy recipe provides a shortcut to creating this beloved Indian dessert in a fraction of the time. The Instant Pot ensures that the moong dal cooks to perfection, resulting in a creamy and luscious halwa that will delight your taste buds. So, grab your Instant Pot and indulge in this irresistible treat, ready to eat in no time.