Since GTA V’s first release early in 2013 tens of thousands, as well as a plethora of modifications, were created to support the game. The community of modders is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true of every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the greatest mod support.
One of the biggest issues that players face with mods is figuring out how to download and install them in order that they function in-game. This can be difficult for those who may not be tech-savvy. There’s also the issue of determining which modifications to download in 2022 almost a year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods from GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Mods downloadable in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players can only install mods for single-player play, as Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players attempt to play GTA Online with mods enabled they’ll be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods for GTA V. The first part of the process is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the steps for installation that the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is completed, open the game and then select Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Continue, then press the Tools box in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this process gives players is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application anytime to monitor how their mods are doing, deinstall the mods, or change the mods. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to best-modding.com
- Select a mod you want to download. You can choose a specific category of mods in the top menu bar of the site, and then sort by latest to the most popular mods in that category.
- After a mod is selected then click on its box, and then click the green button for downloading.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser, while others will direct you to the Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If the mod downloaded is a .rar file, you’ll require a different program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available for download on the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely find a ReadMe file that can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how to download the mod
- If the mod is available on the Github page and you want to download the most current version, download it. The mod will download in a zip file which you must extract to another folder on your PC.
- After the files have been extracted Copy then paste them in the Mods folder in your PC’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file in GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods available for download, there are mods that utilize scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file in the GTA V game directories. GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific folder.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these are typically marked with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file then extract it in time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines for the mod’s use from the mod’s creator. The instructions are available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the steps are complete Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin using mods without restriction within GTA V.
Best mods available in GTA V
If you’re looking for mods that you can download, the options can be overwhelming. There are a variety of kinds of genres and thousands of modifications available to select from each of these categories. Although every player’s expectations regarding their experience with mods are going to be different, we’ve created an unofficial list of the top GTA V mods as of 2022.
1. GTA 5 Car Pack:
This pack includes 200+ cool vehicles and modern, advanced vehicles. It is the most impressive GTA five car pack to date. It includes realistic cars from the real world. Most likely, it will feature the most stylish GTA car mods that include interactive fun and expressive story mode cars. It will make a lot of GTA enthusiasts happy, so try it. It’s likely to be the most efficient choice for you.
Users have the option of downloading GTA 5 realistic car pack from best-modding.com.
2. GTA 5 Biggest Replacement Car Pack:
There are 220+ GTA 5 Cars (Biggest Replacement Car Pack) that appears in traffic. Selected by me a lot of them are optimized for texture. A few models have been altered. Included Modern, Luxury, Sports, Super Fastest Cars in GTA 5… It’s an awesome GTA 5 mod for cars and you should definitely play it.
The players can get their biggest replacement GTA 5 car pack on best-modding.com.
3. CooooL GTA 5 Graphics Mod:
The GTA 5 Graphics Mod is perfect for players who want to experience enhanced images on GTA 5 despite having low-end PCs. This is the most popular option for a lot of players due to the upgraded visual graphics this mod offers appear to be the most authentic. I suggest you download the mod (Full Download Free).
The players have the option of downloading Cooool GTA 5 graphics mod from best-modding.com.
4. GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 – GTA 5 Mod:
GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 This is a complete version from Vice Cry for GTA 5 running as a DLC and featuring several new features that give the ultimate Vice City experience. The best textures in high-quality GTA 5 map mods. I suggest you consider it as it will give players the best experience GTA Vice City. It comes with high graphics and a remastered map.
Download their copy of the GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 from best-modding.com.
5. The Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s House:
It’s the Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s Home: Is the ideal location for you because it’s the only GTA 5 Garage that will provide additional locations with motorbikes, cars planes, helicopters, and even jetpack, an oppressor. That’s crazy enough that you need to set it up and arrange your collection of vehicles and not leave Michael’s house.
The players have the option of downloading their biggest GTA 5 garage via best-modding.com.