YouTube Shorts is a new feature of YouTube videos that was introduced by YouTube in the year 2020.
Though many people are familiar with YT shorts, they don’t hold proper information regarding them including how to monetize them effectively for business propositions.
So, why not learn about YouTube short videos in detail to gain more information and knowledge.
Alternatively, you can also learn the nuances of Video Marketing and Social Media Marketing by undertaking advanced Social Media Marketing Training from a prestigious digital marketing institute in Jaipur.
What are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a new genre of short-form type of video content introduced by YouTube.
It is basically a new vertical type of video format with micro-content that lasts only up to 60 seconds especially designed especially for the users who wish to make bite-sized videos on their smartphones.
YouTube allows you to record YouTube shorts video size in 15 seconds interval gaps which can easily be edited using several video editing tools to improve the video quality.
YT shorts can be easily viewed since they are filmed vertically in a 9:16 aspect ratio and take up the whole screen of most smartphones, providing an immersive watching experience.
This new style of vertical micro-content is an answer to its competitors Instagram Reels, TikTok, Snapchat, and Facebook Stories.
It is divided into three major sections:
- Create – New tools such as multi-segment cameras, speed controls, timers, and countdown timers will be introduced.
- Get Discovered
- Watch — A new watch experience that allows viewers to swipe vertically from video to video is in the works similar to TikTok.
How to Make a YouTube Short
Creators have access to a variety of video production tools that can be used on YouTube apps and smartphones to create unique YT short videos.
YouTube Shorts must be created vertically rather than horizontally. You may use a simple aspect ratio resizer tool to convert your horizontal, 16:9 film to a YouTube Shorts video.
To begin making YT shorts on iOS, use the following steps:
- Sign in to YouTube from your mobile device.
- To start a new project, tap the plus icon.
- Then, click on Create.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or press it once to start and once to end the recording.
- Press Undo to erase the previous video clip you recorded, or Redo to add it back in.
- Tap Next to preview your video > Next again to add additional details to your video.
- Add a title (maximum of 100 characters) to your #shortvideo.
- Later, select whether or not your Short is intended for children by clicking on Select audience.
- To finish, press UPLOAD.
You Can Also Read, 4 Ways to Find the Best Web Development Language
Customizing The YT shortsYouTube also allows you to customize your YT shorts using different creative features to improve the quality of your YouTube shorts.
- Music and sound: Create your own Short by adding a soundtrack or using other audio.
- Speed: Select whether to slow down or speed up the recording.
- Text & Timeline: Add text and use the Timeline option to determine when it appears and vanishes based on the length of the video.
- Timer: Set a countdown for recording easy hands-free recording.
Creators have access to a variety of video editing tools like:
- A multi-segment camera for combining numerous video segments.
- Speed control choices allow you the freedom to express your ideas
- Add music from a large collection of songs database.
- Timer and countdown for easy hands-free recordings.
Advantages of YouTube Shorts
YouTube Shorts are simple to consume, enjoyable to watch, and require far less time than regular YouTube videos thus making them a perfect tool for increasing brand exposure and community building.
Businesses can effectively utilize YouTube Shorts to promote their products for increasing brand awareness. But they should be creative enough with the new vertical video format to tap into its full potential.
YouTube Shorts can be utilized as pre-rolls to your channel’s lengthier content. As pre-rolls frequently entice users to watch more of the actual content, this enhances the channel’s video views.
YouTube Shorts also allow creators to repurpose previous videos with the aim of retaining fans in a new format. If you’re feeling frugal, you may recycle your old videos on social media services like Instagram Reels, Facebook Stories, or TikTok. Just be sure to adjust the aspect ratio of the video to fit different social media sites. In order to learn how to do that professionally, one can join social media courses in Jaipur containing dedicated youtube marketing and video editing modules in it.
Can YouTube Shorts Be Monetized?
YT shorts can be easily monetized but it has some strict eligibility criteria to qualify for the funds which include factors like:
- Channels must post at least one Short in the recent 180 days.
- Creators must be 13 years old or older in the United States, or the age of majority in their own country.
- Creators between the ages of 13 and 18 must have a parent or guardian agreeing with the rules and set up an AdSense account if one isn’t already attached to their channel.
- Channels must follow YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright regulations, and monetization policies.
- Channels that post videos containing watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms like TikTok non-original videos like unedited snippets from movies or TV series, or videos that have been reuploaded from the channels of other producers will not be eligible.
- Creators must be from one of the following countries: Brazil, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Shorts Fund isn’t limited to YouTube Partner Program creators. Creators in the YouTube Partner Program, as well as channels affiliated with a Multi-Channel Network (MCN), are eligible.
YT shorts are the latest marketing tools utilized for promoting brands and creating brand awareness. These short and simple videos are pretty effective to market your products and brands. Try to make the best use of these YouTube Shorts.