CUCET (CUET) 2022: What’s New & Preparation Tips
CUCET or CUET 2022 is likely to be conducted in July 2022 by the National Testing Agency(NTA). Recent changes in the admissions of centrally-funded universities by the University Grants Commission(UGC) has made CUET even more important. Thanks to UGC, now Common University Entrance Test or CUET (formerly known as CUCET) will be solely responsible for your admission into an undergraduate course in any central university.
M. Jagadesh Kumar, UGC chairman, announced on March 21, 2022 that none of the 45 central universities will now consider Class 12 board exam marks for admissions and only CUET or CUCET score will be taken into consideration for admissions. Interestingly, you will not see any major difference in the test difficulty level after the change. But since CUCET will now have more significance among students, it’s important to keep track of every update, prepare for the exam well in advance, and learn more about what has changed. In this all about CUCET article, we will roll through everything there is to know about CUET or CUCET 2022 and how you can move ahead with your preparation.
- 45 Central Universities including, but not limited to, Delhi University(DU), Aligarh Muslim University(AMU), and Jawaharlal Nehru University(JNU), and more will now solely consider CUET score for UG/PG Admissions and not Class 12th board marks.
- Other state and private universities can also accept CUET Score for undergraduate or postgraduate positions.
- NTA will open CUET 2022 application window from the first week of April, 2022.
- Exam is likely to be held in the first week of July.
How to Prepare for CUET 2022 Exam: Stepwise Guide
Step 1- First and foremost, you need a thorough run-down on what’s coming. Before starting any prep and setting your priorities while studying, know what’s included in the CUET syllabus. Once you are done with your syllabus, you can take help of an expert or coach to shortlist the material that requires more attention. Studying as per the released syllabus prevents you from deviating from subjects or spending unnecessary time on non-essential topics.
Step 2- Next up, you need to focus on the CUCET exam pattern. Understanding the marking scheme allows you to devise an even better preparation schedule.
Step 3- On-the-go internet access allows you to explore a plethora of websites to collect as much study material as possible for CUET such as prep books, sample tests, CUCET previous year question paper, and section-wise study material.
Step 4- Create a weekly timetable determining how much syllabus can you cover on a daily basis.
Step 5- Solve mock tests and other test series. This step is quite effective in the final days before the CUCET exam. Rather than going for the entire syllabus again for revision, just start solving as many mock tests as possible.
Section Wise CUET Preparation Tips
How to Prepare for CUCET English Language
- Improving your vocabulary is the first thing to work on while working on your English language. The easiest and best way to get a strong hold on vocabulary is to read the newspaper every day.
- There are high-frequency words available on Google that can help you prepare better.
- Improve your grammatical skills and learn important terms.
- To learn difficult words, keep a notepad with you where you can list these words with their meanings and revise them regularly.
How to Prepare CUET 2022 Logical Reasoning
Logical reasoning requires as much practice as possible since they have different levels of difficulty to them. LR questions are usually available at the end of textbooks.
- Try solving different difficulty levels on a regular basis.
- To hone your problem-solving skills, practice as many puzzle-related problems as possible.
- Pick CUCET previous year question papers and solve all the logical reasoning questions.
How to Prepare for CUCET Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section requires the most practice since it includes 8th, 9th, and 10th mathematics. Start with all the basic math concepts from these standards and gradually cover the entire mathematics of these 3 years. One way to go with your practice is to dedicate 2-3 hours daily to elementary-level mathematics. Here are the sections you can focus more on:
- Profit & Loss
- Number System
- Quadratic Equations
- Time and Word
- Time, Speed Distance
- Number System
These are a few quick tips on how to go on with your CUET 2022 exam preparation. You can opt for short test-series preparation from Hitbullseye to get an edge. Practice as many questions as you can to build your confidence in terms of problem-solving speed.