Home » Express Entry: How Does Having A Relative In Canada Improve My CRS Score?

Express Entry: How Does Having A Relative In Canada Improve My CRS Score?

by Uneeb Khan

Eligible Candidates who want to apply for Express Entry will be given a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) done by the Canada CRS Calculator. Although several factors can help improve your CRS score and position yourself higher in the Express Entry Pool.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) employs the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to determine how you will rank among other candidates in the Express Entry draw pool. The factors used to evaluate your Express Entry profile include skills, language ability, education, work experience, and so on. You will be given the points in many categories, further calculated by the Canada CRS calculator. This guide will learn how having a relative in Canada can help improve your CRS score. These suggestions will also allow you to qualify for immigration programs such as the Federal Skilled Worker program.

What is the Federal Skilled Worker program? 

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is a federal economic program that uses the Express Entry system to function. Candidates must score at least 67 on the FSW points grid to be considered for the program. The points system takes into account a variety of considerations, including having Canadian relatives. However, not all Canadian relatives will be considered while determining your FSW eligibility.

Who relatives are eligible to improve FSW points?

Your relative must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a qualifying degree of relationship with you or your spouse. The relatives who are eligible to help you earn more FSW points include parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, siblings (of yourself or your spouse), aunt or uncle (of yourself or your spouse), niece or nephew (of yourself or your spouse). It’s worth noting that cousins and close friends aren’t eligible for the federal Express Entry programs that grant additional points.

How to prove your relative resides in Canada?

To earn points for having a relative in Canada, you must show that they are currently residing in Canada and are related to you and their status in Canada. Documentation may include the following:

  • Canadian passport of our relative or PR card
  • Relative’s birth certificate along with yours
  • A lease or recent utility bill

Is family sponsorship possible?

Suppose you are planning for family sponsorship. In that case, you must remember that unless your Canadian relative is your spouse, adult child, common-law partner, or grandchild, they will most likely be unable to sponsor you to go here. Under Canada’s present immigration system, having a friend or other form of relative willing to ‘sponsor’ you to immigrate to Canada is not possible.

Lastly, the Canadian government is constantly improving the Express Entry immigration system requirements to ensure that the best candidates are chosen. Provinces and territories also regularly improve their programs to respond to Canada’s diverse sub-labor markets.

You should stay informed about all programs at both the federal and provincial levels. Also, you must listen to the different types of visas, including work visas, skilled worker visa Canada, education visas, and so on.

When you build your Show Entry online profile, don’t forget to express interest in your chosen province. The IRCC has been quietly increasing the number of slots available for PNP Express Entry-linked applicants, so don’t miss out on this.

Read more blogs – marketmillion

Related Posts

Marketmillion logo

MarketMillion is an online webpage that provides business news, tech, telecom, digital marketing, auto news, and website reviews around World.

Contact us: [email protected]

@2022 – MarketMillion. All Right Reserved. Designed by Techager Team